Wednesday, April 11, 2007

All Packed Up & Waiting To Go !!

I had the day off work today to stay at home and wait for the courier to come with my sleeping bag & thermal mat from Trek Hire. I took the opportunity to sort through all my kit, making sure I had everything and weeding out a few things that I'd got "just in case" but looked like I wasn't going to have room for anyway. It doesn't look much for 8 days away and the only things not in the photo are my sleeping bag and my outer jacket. What you can see is mostly socks and gloves !! I've got 2 sets of thermal underlayers (ie long johns), 2 fleeces tops, my black snow pants, furry hat with ear flaps and balaclava. On the back row is thermos flask, thermo mug, water bottle, & thermal mat for sleeping on. On the front row next to the mini first aid kit are lots and lots of batteries for torches & my camera.




Late on this afternoon I nipped out to the supermarket to get my snacks for the trip and also make sure my DH has plenty of supplies in while I'm away otherwise he'd be phoning the take- away every night of the week.

At our pre-expedition training weekend we were told to get lots & lots of high energy snacks to keep us going, as we'll be burning up huge amounts of calories each day. Nuts & chocolate being high priority on the list. Of course, I don't need telling twice! How great it was to throw family size packets of chocolate raisins & aero bubbles in the trolley without even feeling the slightest twinge of guilt.



Again this doesn't look much in the photo- but in fact it's a carrier bag full !!



So that's it now I'm all packed. I have one more day in work tomorrow then I fly from Manchester to London on Friday for an overnight stay before leaving for Norway on Saturday. I'm getting decidely nervous now but probably tomorrow at work will be a hectic day so that will help take my mind off things and keep the jitters at bay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy like the look of that lot. Mind you they will be needed whilst you are on the move. Take care
Love Mum and Dad xx