Tuesday, January 30, 2007

UFOs


This is one of my first Rowandean kits; it's called "Hilltop Farm". It's quite big and measures 22" x 29" (585 mm x 737 mm). The background fabric is wool and it's worked in wool and stranded cottons. All the embroidery is complete and I list it amongst my UFOs because I haven't got round to framing it despite having been finished about 4 years ago !!



"Hilltop Farm"


---oooOooo---


This is another one of the Rowandean kits called "Bindweed". It measures 253mm x 304mm.


The main picture is on a wool background worked in stranded floss thread and wool (It will need a stretch and then the embroidered mount put on).







The fabric for the mount is brown wool which has been worked in stranded cottons. All the embroidery has been done, what I need to get round to doing is actually putting it all together and get it framed. Well one of these days ...

---000O000---

This one is kind of inbetween a UFO and WIP. It's another Rowandean called "Footpath to Quarndon" (I just love all the textured wools) and is another biggie measuring 22" x 29".

It's still on my large work frame so hasn't quite got relegated to the cupboard but as I'm not likely to work on it in the next few months it's probably more of a UFO at present.


As you can see I've got a fair bit of work to do on this one.

No comments: