Sunday, February 18, 2007

My other half has been very patient these past weeks putting up with me going out every weekend, so I thought it was time I got back from my walk early in the afternoon so we could maybe have a 'bit' of a normal Sunday for once. So with this in mind I set off up the Longdendale to Torside Clough for a quickie 12 miler.
It turned out to be quite a pleasant and sunny day. As usual there were quite a lot of families strolling/cycling along the Longdendale and then later on there were a fair few walkers dotted about on Bleaklow. I've taken tons of photos of this area in the past but here's one or two different shots from today.

From Reaps Bent



Someone must have come across this boot whilst on their travels. Obviously it had been claimed by the bog at some point and then later resurfaced and someone seeing the funny side has put it on display!! It looked like a fairly newish boot despite the metal lace eyelets having been rotted away - I bet someone had a tale to tell in the pub after that, I wouldn't have liked to have made it home from there without my footwear that's for sure!!











Look who I found sunbathing - a gorgeous Arctic Hare (I kept my distance as no doubt sounding like a clod hopper whilst wearing my bright red jumper would most definitely have frightened him off)




You can just about see the 'dot' of a person on the other side of the rim (right hand side)



Dowstone Clough

No comments: