Saturday, January 27, 2007

"Just Out Walking"


The strong winds and flurry of snow this past week has not been very conducive to keeping my walking mileage up - my footwear simply isn't up to the job on glass like ice. So I was quite pleased that most of the ice had thawed out and I was able to get out and about "up on the tops". The typically wintry conditions this week seems to have kept people off Bleaklow and instead of the constant trickle of (experienced) walkers (I'm still only a beginner), I only came across 'one man and his dog' and another solitary figure on the descent back to Glossop. I had no particular mileage aim today, simply to enjoy mooching about, taking a few photos on the way. By the time I got home I'd clocked up a total of 10 1/2 miles which wasn't too bad for pottering about !



The Big Thaw - Only a very light dusting of snow left on "Lightside"







"Wigan Clough"



Looking out towards Shire Hill






Doctor's Gate (Path) back down to Glossop




Taken on Mouselow Hill whilst on the Way Home

No comments: