Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Corporate Sponsorship


I wrote to quite a lot of companies asking if there was any way they could help with my fund raising. I know they get bombarded with continual requests day in day out and often they have already "adopted a charity" which they regularly support and as a result don't tend to support individuals. So despite the poor odds I thought I might as well give it a go along with all the others planning to do a challenge at some point in the year. I received quite a few nice replies back even when they couldn't help.


I was thrilled to bits to get phone calls within a week or so of each other from "Boots" in Manchester and from "Costco" Trafford Park offering help.


Boots kindly donated 3 huge bags of samples some of the soft toys were used in gift baskets at the Carnivals and as raffle prizes whilst the smaller samples were given out to the "unlucky ones" who'd not won a Tombola prize.


One of the gift baskets - soft toy donated by Boots


---ooOoo---


Costco donated a lovely Stainless Steel Kettle / Toaster gift set to be used as a prize.



What a fantastic prize; it was won by a husband and wife who were as thrilled to get it as I was when I first got the calls, unfortunately in all the excitement I forgot to take their photo (it was early days and I've learned a lot since then).

No comments: